Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the Practice offers a range of clinics and healthcare services:
- Disease Management - Asthma, CHD and Diabetes prevention clinics are held weekly.
- Health Promotion Clinics – health checks, including Well-man, Well-woman, Healthy lifestyle (diet, smoking, alcohol, and weight control) and CVD can be carried out during nurses clinic held weekly.
- Cervical Smears and Well Woman Check - routine 3 yearly smears are normally carried out on ladies in the 25 - 49 age group and 5 yearly smears for ladies in the 50 - 64 year age group. The nurses normally run the smear clinics. You should receive an invitation when this is due but you should telephone if you do not receive one.
- Vaccination and Immunisation Clinics (including Travel Vaccines) - a weekly clinic is held for patients intending to travel abroad. The nurse will carry out other vaccinations and immunisations required by adults. Please remember to allow 8 - 10 weeks before travel for your vaccinations to give you the greatest protection.
- Family Planning - the doctors / nurse can offer family planning advice during normal surgeries.
- Maternity - with the Maternity Choice Project whose aim is to provide women in Bexley with information to make choices around their maternity care. Postnatal check-ups will be done 6-8 weeks after delivery by the doctor.